Wed, 07 Jun|
Eccleston Ferry Parking
SUP ESSENTIALS - £40pp - Max group size 4
Find out for yourself why SUP has become the fastest growing water sport worldwide on one of ‘SUP ESSENTIALS’ sessions on the stunning River Dee, Find out for yourself why SUP has become the fastest growing water sport worldwide on one of ‘SUP ESSENTIALS’ sessions on the stunning River Dee, Chester.
Time & Location
07 Jun, 18:00
Eccleston Ferry Parking, Chester CH4 9JE, UK
About the event
LOCATION: River Dee, Chester (Eccleston Ferry)
Children must be over 8 years of age and be accompanied by a parent
Be able to swim 50 metres (if not able, a 1-1 session will be required)
Delivery of sessions is subject to weather conditions
About our sessions
If you are new to paddle boarding and want to see what all the fuss is about, why not book on to one of our 2 hour SUP ESSENTIALS sessions, providing you with the foundations of paddle boarding, or refreshing your skills if you haven't paddled for a while.
SUP ESSENTIALS sessions are limited to 4 paddlers, ensuring a more personalised experience and close supervision.
The River Dee in Chester is the location for SUP ESSENTIALS sessions - a beautiful and generally calm stretch of water where there is an abundance of wildlife for company.
- Overview of equipment
- How to carry the board
- Getting on / off
- Positioning options on the board (prone/kneel/standing)
- How to use the paddle to steer
- Recognising hazards and how to avoid them
- How to fall off the board and get back on
- Buoyancy aid
- Dry bag for your valuables
- Changing poncho if there are no changing facilities
What's NOT included:
- Glasses retainer for glasses / sunglasses
- Footwear (e.g. water shoes, old trainers)
- Swimsuit for under wetsuit
- Windproof jacket
- Waterproof case for camera / mobile phone
Booking a private session:
If you prefer to book an individual or group private session, either in Chester or at an alternative location, please get in touch.